The Minimally Acceptable Level of Plan Review for General Code Enforcement
1. Plot Plan
- Location of the building on the site, as well as required setbacks, easements, property lines.
- Minimum Frost Depth
- For basements & crawl space construction: a description of footing material & dimensions, as well as foundation wall material & dimensions and maximum depth of unbalanced fill being supported, and dimensions of any internal piers.
- For slab-on-ground construction: a description of the slab and haunch details being used.
3. Wood Framed Floors
- Live loads being supported, size of joists, types of joist (solid sawn or engineered), span of joists, spacing of joists, minimum required wood grade of joists, span/material/dimensions of intermediate girders, anchorage requirements (anchor bolts/straps-number, spacing, size, etc.), type and minimum required grade of flooring sheathing
4. Wood Framed Walls
- Size (2x4, 2x6) and spacing of studs, minimum required wood grade.
- Size/Span/Material of headers.
- Type of lateral support (structural sheathing, let-in braces, etc.)
5. Wood Framed Roofs
- Live loads being supported, size of members, type of members (solid sawn, truss, or other engineered item), spacing, minimum required wood grade of members, means of anchorage to wall.