Click the link below to complete the application:
- The permit fee is $10.
- Permits are valid for two consecutive days.
- Permits can only be granted two times a year for the same location.
- Permits are required unless the property in which the sale takes place is properly rezoned for such purposes and a business license has been obtained as required by City Code. Such sales shall only take place on residential property or by charitable or non-profit organizations on property zoned commercial.
- Sales conducted on school property by organizations affiliated with the school are exempt from the permit requirements.
- For more information on garage sale, yard sales and rummage sales, see Code Section 153.117.
- You do not need a sign permit to post a sign for a garage sale, yard sale or rummage sale.
- The Code Enforcement Officer shall have authority to remove the sign and issue a citation for any signs not in compliance with these regulations.
- Signs shall include the address and date(s) of the sale.
- Signs can have a maximum area of six square feet.
- The maximum number of signs permiited are two. One at the site of the sale and one off-site directional sign.
- Signs shall be placed behind the sidewalk for streets with sidewalks and ten feet behind the back of the curb or edge of pavement for streets without sidewalks.
- No sign shall be posted advertising said sale more than three days prior to the sale.
- Signs shall be removed one day after the event
- A neighborhood yard sale sign shall be
- A neighborhood yard sale sign shall be permitted to advertise for a neighborhood yard sale event whereby a minimum of three households within the same subdivision have individual yard sales simulataneously.
- Signs shall include the date(s) of the sale and, at a minimum, the site address of the coordinator of the event.
- Signs can have a maximum area of thirty-two square feet.
- The maximum number of signs permitted is one per subdivision entry.
- Signs shall be attached to a permanent subdivision entry sign. If no subdivision entry sign exists, the sign shall be attached to a fence or buidling near the subdivision entry.
- No sign shall be posted advertising the said sale more than seven days prior to the sale.
- Signs shall be removed one day after the event.
- These regulations shall not prohibit the individual yard sale from advertising in compliance with the regulations for Individual Sales.
For more information on garage sale, yard sale or rummage sale signs, see Code Section 153.146.