BURN PERMIT APPLICATION
ADDRESS OF BURN:*
DATE OF BURN:
Welcome to the City of Tontitown Fire Department's burn permit application. Once you have submitted your online application, City of Tontitown staff will process your request and contact you.
Please enter the text shown in the image below into this box:
ACCEPTANCE OF BURNING REGULATIONS AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
The following shall be adhered to at ALL times-
1. All burning shall be conducted after dawn and extinguished before dusk.
2. No burning shall take place on land without written permission of the land owner or agent.
3. No burning shall be conducted on days when the wind speeds are exceeding 15 miles per hour.
4. The Fire Chief or his designated representative may prohibit any fires when circumstances may be hazardous.
5. No burning shall be kindled or maintained within 50 feet of any combustible structure.
6. Fire shall be under constant attendance until extinguished.
7. Water supply shall be present for extinguishment of burn area.
8. Material being burned shall not, under any condition, cause a dense smoke or odor.
9. Applicant shall be responsible to keep burning under control at all times. The applicant shall be responsible for fire department suppression costs as well as any property damages sustained by others.
10. The following items shall NOT be burned:
o Garbage from food preparation
o Treated, milled or dimensional lumber
o Trade waste (commercial, industrial, or construction)
o Motor vehicles or any material resulting from a salvage operation
o Asphalt, composition roofing or similar materials
o Tar, tar paper, petroleum products, plastics or paints
o Insulated wire
o Dead animals or animal waste
o Hazardous or pathogenic waste
o Any items that fall under State or Federal Laws
* Recreational, cooking, and religious ceremonies are exempt.
By checking this box I confirm that I agree to the terms outlined above and shall not hold the City of Tontitown liable for any damage done by any fire started or conducted by me or my designee. Please have a copy of this permit with you when you are burning.*